What is the function "Download to go" ?
This feature allows you to temporarily download movies or TV shows to be able to view them without being connected to the Internet.
How can I use this feature?
- Available on iPhones and iPads as of iOS 14.0 and as of Sky app version 5.6.0.
- Available on Android mobiles and tablets as of Android 7.0 and as of Sky app version 4.2.3.
NB: if you are outside Switzerland, remember to put your device off-line or in airplane mode (no network connection) to access the application and the content you have downloaded.
How can I download content?
Download your program via the Sky App. To download you need an internet connection (Wifi, 3G / 4G). Once downloaded, you can watch it without an internet connection: by plane, train, hotel, etc.
1. Open the Sky app,
2. Go to the content you want to download,
3. Click on the icon to download,
4. Once your program has been downloaded, you will find the content in the main menu under "Download",
5. Touch the appropriate content to start playback of your downloaded program.
Rules for the license period for "Download to go" (as long as the files remain available in DTG*):
- Sky Show - 30 days or until the end of the current monthly pass
- Sky Store - purchased content is available in the downloads for 5 years.
- Sky Store - rented content is available in the downloads for 48 hours.
*DTG = Download to Go