Why am I encountering the DRM_RESTRICTED_OUTPUT error when streaming on Sky?
The DRM_RESTRICTED_OUTPUT error occurs when there are issues related to Digital Rights Management (DRM) while playing protected content on Sky. This error can be triggered for several reasons, including:
- Unauthorized hardware configuration: for example, your computer is connected to a second screen (e.g., via a VGA cable, through a multimedia USB hub, or an HDCP-incompatible docking station).
- Hardware restrictions: the device you're using to stream the content may not meet the necessary hardware requirements, such as minimum video resolution, which triggers the error.
- Unauthorized copying attempt: if you try to copy or duplicate protected content without the appropriate permissions, the system may respond by displaying this error.
How can I resolve this DRM_RESTRICTED_OUTPUT error?
Here are some steps you can follow to resolve this error:
- From a computer or mobile device: watch directly on your device or on an HDMI screen certified with HDCP. Do not use an external analog screen (VGA, DVI).
- Check your internet connection: ensure that your internet connection is stable. Temporary interruptions in the connection can lead to playback issues.
- Update your browser or app: if you are using a web browser or the Sky.ch app, make sure they are up to date. Updates can address DRM-related issues.